Who is First National Bank Omaha Direct?
This FNBO Direct review brings you the facts; First National Bank Omaha is part of First National of Nebraska with a rich history dating back 150 years. Customers of FNBO Direct enjoy a variety of accounts including savings accounts, checking accounts, CDs and educational savings plan. FNBO Direct is an online only bank, allowing them to provide higher interest rates.
Our FNBO Direct review lays out the benefits of their online banking services. Online only banks always have the best online rates for savers. Other than the higher interest rates, here are a few other perks of having an account with FNBO Direct.
- An account can be opened in approximately 5 minutes and only requires an initial deposit of $1.
- You do not need to maintain a minimum balance for the account and your deposits are guaranteed by the FDIC up to $250,000.
- The online account provides online bill pay.
- Phone representatives are helpful and easy to work with.
- No hidden fees or monthly service fees.
- FNBO Direct offers CDs ranging in term from 6 to 60 months.
- CDs also offer locked in interest rates.
FNBO Direct also offers credit cards and investment opportunities, including an educational savings trust.
In this FNBO Direct review we’ve also found some drawbacks. The negative side to FNBO Direct is their lack of online support. They are an online only bank, but you cannot chat with an agent online. The only way to get in touch is through email or telephone. Email response time took approximately two business days to hear back.
One other drawback is you must keep $500 in your CD accounts in order to earn interest.
Should You Invest Your Money?
FNBO Direct offers a great option for anyone hoping to find the best online savings rates. FNBO Direct has competitive rates for savings and checking accounts. The website is easy to navigate and since they are an online only bank, you receive higher interest rates without the fees.
P.O. BOX 3707
Omaha, NE 68103-0707
Customer Service Number