Who is Citibank?
In our Citibank Review we’ve uncovered that it was first founded in 1812 and has grown into a global bank with over 3,700 branches in 36 different countries. Citibank provides over 200 million customer accounts in 100 countries, with 15 million customers using their online services. This makes Citibank one of the largest banks.
Our Citibank gives tells you all of the benefits of Citibank. They offer savings accounts, CDs and checking accounts, along with mortgages, credit cards and investing opportunities. Benefits of having an account with Citibank include:
- No minimum balance required to open any of their checking accounts.
- Citibank offers online and mobile banking for all their accounts.
- Able to reach customer service agents through email, chat, mail or telephone.
- Citibank offers terms from 3 months to 5 years.
Citibank provides excellent rates for savers and they are focused on creating a unique user experience. The goal is to provide users with high interest rates and excellent customer service to help people find the best bank for their needs.
Our Citibank Review also found some drawbacks. Some you should be aware of include:
- There are monthly fees, but with each checking account there is more than one way to have the fee waived.
- Minimum opening balance of savings account is $100.
- You are required to keep $500 in their savings accounts to avoid fees.
- In order to open a CD, the funds used to open the account must be transferred from a linked Citibank account.
Customer service with Citibank changes with each person you talk to on the phone. Some agents were helpful and easily provided valuable information while others did not provide the best information to assist with common customer questions.
Should You Open an Account?
In conclusion of our Citibank review we can say that they have a nice variety of different checking account and savings accounts. This allows for you to be able to choose the best option for you, depending on how much money you have to invest. Along with the CD accounts, they offer CD laddering which breaks up you money into different CDs to ensure you get the best interest rates for the money you have to invest. Citibank is easy to work with and do offer competitive interest rates on their accounts.
100 Citibank Drive
San Antonio, TX 78245
Customer Service Number